Qike (Chico) Li
• Maintaining the native structure and color of phycocyanin in various harsh environments.
• Fabricating a phycocyanin-based colorant lake for widening the pigment’s application range.
• Co-delivering synergistic nutraceuticals (curcumin and piperine) in zein-based microgels.
• Determining the sucrose transport-related genes in grapes and their function when transformed into tomatoes.
• Stabilizing phycocyanin further in broader food matrices and delivery systems.
• Converting phycocyanin into functional components as food additives.
• Designing novel microemulsions for the purpose of “Clean Label” in beverages.
• More cutting-edge studies on the nature of phycocyanin.